There is a lot of conflicting information about this current Corona Virus. The media can blow things way out of proportion and feed into the panic and frenzy. Listen to your doctors and healthcare providers. Read real scientific articles. Don't panic. Use good judgment. Stay healthy!
What is CO-VID 19?
Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that cause illness in humans and animals. They tend to cause respiratory infections like the common cold, but can be more serious, like MERS or SARS. CO-VID 19 is a strain just discovered in China at the end of 2019. The main symptoms are fever, cough, and trouble breathing. Most people recover from the illness. Those most at risk are the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions.
You can do your part to help slow the spread of this disease and lower the risk for yourself with good sanitary practices:
* Wash your hands for 20 seconds, and if a sink is not readily available, apply hand sanitizer.
* Sanitize household surfaces (doorknobs, counters, sinks, etc). You can use Clorox wipes or Lysol spray.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
* If you're feeling sick, stay home! If you have the possibility of working from home, this is a good option.
*Try to avoid going to big public gatherings and events. If you must, wash your hands and try not to touch too many surfaces and don't shake hands! Implement the elbow bump or the "air high five."
* Boost your immune system with good nutrition, lots of water, and exercise!
The CDC or WHO are two of the best sites to get your information: